SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS: Under the general direction of the Receiving Manager, the Receiving Specialist is responsible for coordinating the rapid, efficient receipt of telecommunications equipment for repair. The Receiving Specialist is also responsible for accurately staging, inventorying, and receiving inbound equipment for repair. This position requires coordination with Repair Technicians, Logistics Coordinators, and Shipping Associates to facilitate accurate and prompt turnaround of time-sensitive orders.
• Identify and prioritize Repair RMAs based on customer needs.
• Perform initial inventory of equipment.
• Process receipt for product to be repaired.
• Create work orders for repair tracking and costing.
• Interface with Production Controller for repair scheduling.
• Audit received and repaired equipment for accuracy.
• Coordinate with Repair Shipping team on outbound orders.
• Performs other duties as requested or assigned.
• At least 1 year of equivalent work experience in a warehousing environment desired. Recent experience also preferred.
• Previous receiving or repair experience preferred.
• Previous experience utilizing MS AX inventory system preferred.
• Knowledge of telecommunication equipment preferred.
• Previous inventory control or production control experience preferred.
• Must have a demonstrated working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
•Must possess superior verbal and written communication skills.
• Must possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to use functional and situational reasoning.
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
• Demonstrated ability to perform tasks to completion.
• Ability to work effectively individually and as part of a team.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, effectively balancing multiple concurrent assignments.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS | WORK ENVIRONMENT: The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Frequent lifting, bending, stooping, squatting, reaching, pushing, and pulling of boxes, as well as frequent movement (walking) throughout the warehouse.
• This position is not able to work remotely.