Scope of Position:
Working under the general direction of the supervisor or lead person, performs a wide variety of duties associated with metal fabrication equipment and assembly operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Knows, understands and uses the appropriate safety equipment in a fabrication/assembly environment.
- Understands paperwork accountability when charging time to specific work orders as well as the payroll system.
- Reads and interprets blueprints.
- Understands how to safely operate powered hand tools.
- Understands how to safely transport and place stock.
- Can understand open and closed foam cells and foam cell structure.
- Accurately calibrate foam equipment for optimum performance.
- Can operate foam dispensing equipment properly.
- Ability to download prints for component inspection.
- Know how to load, position and operate foam restraining table.
- Ability to load and position parts.
- Anticipates where release agents need to be applied and understands growth venting.
- Trained in overhead lifting equipment.
- Maintains area hygiene above industry standards.
- Develop and maintain solid employee morale and safety awareness.
- Adheres to safety and environmental rules.
- Performs general housekeeping.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- 1-2 years hands on construction related work.
- Knowledge of basic math skills.